Friday, March 16, 2012

A thank-you letter can say more than it implies

This was recently picked up by Boing Boing, but I saw it beforehand on Twitter (finally, I feel like I have the inside scoop!). A local weatherman visits a classroom to talk about meteorology and weather stuff, and this kid writes him a thank-you letter.

Here's the photo of the letter. I couldn't help but notice that he wrote it on the back side of the page, with the holes on the right side. That always used to bother me as a kid, and actually still does a little today. But, he's a kid, so he can be forgiven.
The smiley face at the end is a nice touch.
Honestly, this kid is going to be like the guy in the Coke Zero commercials who adds "And?" to everything. A 200-story castle and unicorn servants...who happen to ride gold-encrusted Harleys AND throwing out presents of peppermint candy filled with world peace? Right up his alley. I eagerly await the day he becomes a weatherman.


This drawing is better than anything I can do now.

 

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty great. I remember helping you with your thank you notes. I think we were pretty boring in them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Add your comment here...