Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Canon sure makes some nice-sounding cameras

I found this Kottke.org article on my blog roll earlier while scanning to see how my stats were doing. Little to none of the words make sense to me, and yet the Canon 5D Mark III sounds absolutely fantastic.

I've been wanting to get more into photography for the past couple months, but since I know nothing about cameras and what constitutes a good shot, I've held off on purchasing anything serious.
Photo from pinoytechnology

But for those of you who are photography junkies, the 5D features 4 level high ISO noise reduction, automatic LCD brightness adjustment, is GPS ready (whoa), has ISO 100-6400 calibrated range and a 98 percent coverage viewfinder, along with plenty of other options.

Again, I don't know what any of this means besides being GPS ready...if that's Global Positioning Satellite, that is. But it sounds like a great product and I know Canon makes some wonderful cameras.

I can't imagine what the instruction manual for this must be, besides very long. And intimidating. But since anyone who's paying for this probably knows what they're doing and has had experience with DSLR cameras before, it shouldn't be a big deal.

So how much does this little baby retail for? Oh, say about $3,500. And if you act now, you can get a wide-angle telephoto lens (which is not included) for only $1,200! Another reason why I can't have nice things: I can't afford them.

The camera's not actually out per se, but it is available for preorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here...